- Problems with God (vs. 1-20)
- Are you a believer in Jesus Christ? Eph. 1:12-14
- Have you renounced the sinsful life? Eph. 4:22-32
- Have you yielded to God's control? vs. 18-21
- Problems with Yourself. vs. 21
- connect verses. 18 to 21
- Problems with your role. Eph. 5:22-23
- Husbands and wives have different roles.
- Husbands and wives should pay attention to fulfilling their own roles!
- vs. 22 addressed to wives.
- verse 25 addressed to husmands.
- The wife's part is voluntary submission (vs. 22-24)
- The husband's part is sacrificial love (vs. 25-28)
- To play our roles, we must be unselfish. (vs. 21)
- Problems with the Plan. Eph. 5: 29-33.
- Married people must all their lives strive for this unity.
- The roles tend toward marital unity.
- The submission of verse 21 calls for it.
In other words, we must try to merge mind, soul, and body with the one we marry. Eph. 4 admonishes us to work for loving, truthful speech (vs. 15 & 25), for 'edifying' communication (v.29), for kindness and forgiveness (vs. 30-32). All of these things work for unity.
Do you have problems with the plan? Are you refusing to give the kindness, unselfishness, and forgiveness a good marriage requires?
These principles apply to every Christian and EVERY relationship.
Sermon Topics: Marriage