4/8, SS, A Fiery Trial
Bible Text: 1 Peter 2: 4-10 | Preacher: Associate Pastor Keith Thompson | Series: A Study in 1 Peter
V. THE QUESTION OF SEPARATION
A. Its Requirement (2:1)
B. Its Reasons (2:2-11)
1. Separation by birth from the old life (2:2-3)
2. Separation by belief from the old life (2:4-10)
a. The preciousness of Christ (2:4-8)
1. The Living Stone and its character (2:4)
a. The Stone described “the Living Stone”.
b. Next, we see the Stone discarded.
“disallowed indeed of men.”
c. The Stone displayed.
“chosen of God, and precious.”
2. The Living Stone and its companions. (2:5)
3. The Living Stone and its corner. (2:6-8)
a. Its destiny foretold (2:6)
– Is. 28:16
b. Its design foretold (2:7-8)
i. To bring joy to some
ii. To bring judgement to some (2:7b-8)
– The unbelievers and their shame (2:7b)